[mythtvnz] Pixellation Every ~ 20 minutes

Curtis Walker sultanoswing at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 07:13:46 BST 2012

On 16 October 2012 17:56, Noel & Diane <noel at igrin.co.nz> wrote:
> Random thought to ponder..
> If not a signal strength issue, maybe a thermal issue with the card?
> Perhaps the card components become out of tolerance when "warmed up" after
> 20 odd mins of operation....
> I would obtain the use of a digital signal strength meter & check the signal
> strength first & verify packet integrity before delving into potential
> internal hardware or software issues.
> Noel

Good random thought. I had the same one, and swapped out my GTX460 for
a spare GT430 - no difference.

I also - on balance of evidence and anecdote - now think this is a
buffer issue. Pixellation occurred while watching LiveTV today at
around the 20 minute mark (started watching at 17:15, so not an "on
the hour" problem or scheduling problem).

Stopping LiveTV as the pixellation starts and restarting it straight
away (signal 98%, SNR 2.4dB) resolved the issue. Problem occurred ~10
minutes later and was again resolved (or preempted from going to a
complete blur) by restarting LiveTV.

Now - how to find the cause .... ?