[mythtvnz] Pixellation Every ~ 20 minutes

Paulgir paulgir at gmail.com
Sun Oct 14 00:22:42 BST 2012

On Sun, 14 Oct 2012 11:11:44 +1300, tortise <tortise at paradise.net.nz>
wrote:

> On 14/10/2012 8:11 a.m., Paulgir wrote:
>
> FWIW the Hdhomerun's have an android signal meter app available which
> would likely help tune antennae orientation. Its pretty cool geekware!
> It may be helpful to watch the signals over the Pix periods.
>
> Is there some local signal interference event happening every 20 minutes?
>
> It seems to me that the rules and difficulties of analogue signal
> alignment are not the same for digital signals, others here may be able
> to clarify better?

I'm unsure about the 20 to 30 min cycle some of us are seeing.I did see
the the period become more random after I reduced the signal.

I have just been out playing with the Antenna orientation.I swung the
antenna 30 degrees either side of the existing aim,with interesting
results.I could improve the TV3 signal strength and quality by moving away
 from pointing directly at the transmitter at the expense of Prime and
TVNZ,but still getting acceptable results on those frequencies.The high
frequency (TV3) is more sensitive to targeting  and pointing directly at
the transmitter is not optimum for my location.I have left it pointing
about 5 to 10 degrees west of the transmitter.It's not perfect but
hopefully testing will show some improvement in recordings.

-Paul