[mythtvnz] Pixellation Every ~ 20 minutes

David Lowe david at thistledown.co.nz
Mon Oct 8 08:39:58 BST 2012

On Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 8:40 AM, Paulgir <paulgir at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 07 Oct 2012 18:01:44 +1300, Curtis Walker <sultanoswing at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> I can embarrassingly report that I *think* this is a signal problem.
>> Although the numbers look good, and the rest of the recordings are
>> glitch free, and it seemed to occur after a set period (indicating a
>> possible buffer or process problem).

For what it's worth (probably not much...) I have been watching this thread
closely for clues... last weekend (the weekend some parts of the country
went solely digital) something happened to my reception. I'm north of
Christchurch, reception a bit marginal at the best of times. I notice that
since that weekend, all channels are reporting a weaker signal; the Kordia
multiplex being the worst and barely usable at 34%. Others are OK at 45%.

I figure all I can do is erect the new high gain antenna sitting in the
garage (along with the round tuit).

But surely its no coincidence that the signal suddenly got weaker the same
weekend analogue started to get turned off?

- David