[mythtvnz] Hi

Curtis Walker sultanoswing at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 20:37:14 GMT 2012

On 1 Dec 2012 08:32, "Don Robertson" <don at robertson.net.nz> wrote:

>> So that leaves *buntu. The worst part is the non rolling release model,
>> and the best part is the fact that the current and next (ie development)
>> versions of mythtv are available via the mythbuntu repos.
>>
> I have not set MythTV up on anything else, so no real comparison, but I
kinda thought Mythbuntu would make it easier to set up an entire system -
without having to delve into, for example, smb.conf files. But I don't know
how hard MythTV would be to set up on a standard distro.

> As to no rolling releases, somewhere on the MythTV pages it says that if
you get your system running the way you want it, leave it alone. ie don't
upgrade - breaking the habits of a life time :-)

> Which does bring me to another question - in the Mythbuntu Control
Centre, it gives me the option to pick which version of MythTV to upgrade
to. Choices are 0.25 to 0.27.

> Given the advice above - is it a good idea to use the latest version?
>
> If I loose last nights Coronation Street before my wife sees it ....
well, if you don't hear from me again, call the cops :-)