[mythtvnz] Hi

Don Robertson don at robertson.net.nz
Thu Nov 29 08:26:57 GMT 2012

Hi all,

I recently bought a HD HomeRun tuner, set up MythTV on Mythbuntu, and am
waiting for something worth recording :-)

Also - my original plan was to copy recordings to my portable hard drive
and to plug that into the TV, or to get the network dongle for the TV
and use MythTV's DLNA server. But now am thinking I might need a front
end pugged directly into the HDMI port on the TV.

But first - my most pressing problem. I am sure there  will be more.

MythTV's program guide is only showing the next couple of hours
programmes, which makes it a bit tricky to set it to record progammes in
the future. If I do set it to 'Record at any time on this channel', I do
get some future recordings showing up in the Upcoming Recordings screen,
but with no titles.

I have done a search on the web, and have seen references to a python
script that grabs an xml file - but no instructions on how to use it. Is
this still needed - or is it pre-freeview?

Longer term - I have been reading about android based 'smart tv' boxes.
Has anyone had any experience with them?

Cheers

Don