[mythtvnz] Odd lisp with DVB-S material over HDMI

Joel Wirāmu Pauling joel at aenertia.net
Thu Nov 8 05:42:42 GMT 2012

I have some issues with the Yamaha head unit I have not always consistently
reporting capability via HDMI.

It supports SEC/ARC and mostly works but often I have to power cycle it
several times to get the DAC on the Video card to pick up all it's
capabilities consistently.

I however have NO problems if I just set it up as a 2 Chan PCM and do all
mixing in software - which is probably what you are seeing here.

If you can try updating your HDMI driving source drivers ( I guess nvidia)
and also maybe you might be able to get a firmware update for your amp...