[mythtvnz] A successful, problem-free installation...

Criggie criggie at criggie.org.nz
Thu May 31 23:34:50 BST 2012

Noel & Diane wrote:
> Our system is a similar vintage, and save for power cuts has been up all
> the time.  One HDD failure on (thank goodness) the system drive prompted
> me to get a SATA raid card and set up a raid array for my recordings etc
> over 4 HDDs.  I have a 2-disk mirrored array for the system drive.

In an ideal world, I'd have a software raid1 for the system and database,
and for recordings I'd use pools.  So there's no redundancy in the
recorded programmes, but that's not critical data.   And you could loose a
drive and only loose a fraction of your recordings.

--
Criggie

http://criggie.org.nz/