[mythtvnz] 0.25 seektables recording lengths..

David Moore dmoo1790 at ihug.co.nz
Mon May 21 03:47:44 BST 2012

On 20/05/12 22:14, Brett wrote:

>> Sorry I misread  the question,the problem I am seeing is with the
>> duration,too.
>>
> My bad I should said rebuilt seektables to fix duration.
>
> Are you still getting recordings with incorrect duration?
> Any pattern to the source multiplex ?

Damn. It seems there are multiple issues related, I think, to timing.
Here's what I'm seeing:

- Duration error. Seems to be on TVNZ only. Interestingly duration is
correct if viewed during recording.
- Seeking back to the start of the recording causes a glitch which takes
a second or two to clear. This is on all recordings, old and new after
0.25 upgrade.
- Audio/video sync drifts after a while. All recordings. Can be fixed by
pausing playback.
- Occasional very brief stutter in playback. All recordings.

My system is almost up to date with upgrades (myth and OS). Might be
time to raise the problems with myth devs.