[mythtvnz] EPG Data for 'niche' channels ?

David Moore dmoo1790 at ihug.co.nz
Fri May 11 01:52:25 BST 2012

On 11/05/12 12:21, Nick Rout wrote:
> On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 11:43 AM, Steven Ellis<steven at openmedia.co.nz>  wrote:

>>> Version 0.3.4 just uploaded. Turned out to be not so simple because (a)
>>> I decided to try and do it right rather than quick and dirty and (b)
>>> surprisingly Python doesn't do time zones very well. Anyway I think it
>>> works. Just add "-z" command line arg. Enjoy.
>>>

>> Nice try but times are off by a couple of hours.
>
> 12 hours isn't it? (one says 0600 hours or 6am, t'other says 1800 or 6pm)
>

>> For example take from DVB-S i get
>>
>> <programme channel="1035.dvb.guide" start="20120512180000 +1200"
>> stop="20120512190000 +1200">
>>         <title lang="eng">ONE News At 6pm</title>
>>         <desc>The nation's leading team of journalists brings viewers the
>> latest news and sport, plus the most comprehensive weather
>> report.</desc>
>>         <category>tvshow</category>
>>         <category>News/Current Affairs</category>
>>         <!-- Cat:2-0 -->
>>         <!-- Unknown rating:0 -->
>> </programme>
>>

>>  From MHEG I get
>>
>>         <programme channel="1200.dvb.guide" start="20120511060000 +1200"
>> stop="20120511070000 +1200">
>>                 <title>ONE News At 6pm</title>
>>                 <desc>The nation's leading team of journalists brings
>> viewers the latest news and sport, plus the most
>> comprehensive weather report.</desc>
>>                 <episode-num system="dd_progid">10272257</episode-num>
>>                 <subtitles type="teletext" />
>>         </programme>
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Steve

Well it looks like the DVB-S date/time is wrong to me. The UTC time for
news at 6 pm should be 2012mmdd060000 because we're 12 hours ahead of
UTC. The MHEG UTC time 2012mmdd060000 +1200 equals 6 pm local. Are you
using a time offset of 12 hrs in the myth EPG config or just the auto
setting with no offset?

I have a minor tweak ready to upload which just produces UTC times with
no offset. Maybe that will help.