[mythtvnz] EPG Data for 'niche' channels ?

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Thu May 10 07:46:27 BST 2012

On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 6:26 PM, David Moore <dmoo1790 at ihug.co.nz> wrote:
> On 10/05/12 17:18, Steven Ellis wrote:

>>> Hi Steve. My setting is "none" for the EPG timezone. I only have DVB-T
>>> so it works fine with the MHEG EPG local times. I'll probably do a quick
>>> fix just for you :) that gives you the option to generate UTC +1200 (or
>>> +1300 for DST). Then I'll think about a more general solution. /David
>>>

>> Dave. That would be brilliant. Cheers
>

> Version 0.3.4 just uploaded. Turned out to be not so simple because (a) I
> decided to try and do it right rather than quick and dirty and (b)
> surprisingly Python doesn't do time zones very well. Anyway I think it
> works. Just add "-z" command line arg. Enjoy.

Just pointing out that accroding to the mythtv DTD the prescription
for date/time formats is:

All dates and times in this DTD follow the same format, loosely based
on ISO 8601.  They can be 'YYYYMMDDhhmmss' or some initial
substring, for example if you only know the year and month you can
have 'YYYYMM'.  You can also append a timezone to the end; if no
explicit timezone is given, UTC is assumed.  Examples:
'200007281733 BST', '200209', '19880523083000 +0300'.  (BST == +0100.)

http://xmltv.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/xmltv/xmltv/xmltv.dtd

I haven't followed this thread properly, but the impression I got was
that one of the scripts was not adding a timezone string to the
date/time string, but I was unclear to me whether that script was
creating UTC or localtime.