[mythtvnz] EPG Data for 'niche' channels ?

Tony Sauri hoiho.nz at gmail.com
Wed May 9 09:51:42 BST 2012

On Wed, 09 May 2012 18:12, Steven Ellis wrote:
> Ideally this could be based on the timezone of the host, or could be
> another command line option.
>
> Sadly the freeview MHEG data isn't based off UMT.

Hi Steve,

The time issues of Freeview do not end with the absence of Timezone offsets.

All programme start times in the EPG from freeview are expressed as wall clock
time in the system that would be applicabe at the start of the programme.

That means that 2 programmes could have started on the same channel at 2:00am
on Sunday 1st April 2012 when the clocks wentback to end NZDT.

I can only guess that the Freeview / MHEG protocols send a clock change
command whenever it is requied on a MyFreeview DVR device..

I have been working on my own version of a MHEG grabber and I have assummed

	a) All times in the EPG are wall-clock time (subsequently confirmed by
careful observation).

	b) At end of Daylight Savings, programmes that are due to end at a time
between 2:00 and 3:00 then NZDT is used for the start time and NZST is used
for the end time.  Potentially this means that a programme is recorded for 60
mins to long  but least nothing is lost.

Regards

Tony Sauri