[mythtvnz] SBS NZ signal?

Ross Williamson ross at inertia.net.nz
Sat May 5 08:41:16 BST 2012

> Did something change with the SBS NZ satellite signal overnight?  I'm
> still getting a strong signal (if I can believe my tuner card), but it
> never locks.  I need my NHK news and more importantly, weekly doses of
> Wallander.

It went off air last night unfortunately. Everybody I know has lost signal (not just MythTV users) and there is a growing thread on Geekzone about it.

One person on Vetrun has confirmed it is also off air in Australia (on that transponder) but it is still available on other (non-NZ) beams there. I believe the only remaining copy broadcasting here is on the Aurora platform and as such it is scrambled.

It was good while it lasted but it now seems fairly unlikely it will return having been off for so long :(

Ross