[mythtvnz] Per video aspect ratio?

Curtis Walker sultanoswing at gmail.com
Fri May 4 22:28:06 BST 2012

I have some Hairy MacClary videos in mythTV (under the newly revamped
0.25 Video setup). They are 4:3 ratio, which means I have to manually
set the aspect ratio each time ('w' key) the video is played on my
16:9 TV.

Question: is there a way to automatically set a 'per video' aspect
ratio so that 4:3 vids start playing stretched to 16:9? I suppoes I
could use an external player for the affected videos and set the
parameters up there, but would prefer to continue to use the internal
player if possible.

If not possible, I reckon this would be a useful feature request.