[mythtvnz] Programs disappearing from my program table...

Brendan Dacre bjdacre at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 10:27:24 GMT 2012

On 21 March 2012 18:01, Steve Hodge <stevehodge at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 16:29, Brendan Dacre <bjdacre at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 21 March 2012 16:11, Steve Hodge <stevehodge at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> Is something causing mythfilldatabase to run?
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Steve
>>>

>> Only my script at 03:15 which adds the processed mheg data.  From crontab:
>>
>> #
>> 15 3 * * * brendand $HOME/update-epg >> /var/log/epg.log 2>&1
>>
>> From update-epg:
>>
>> echo Run mythfilldatabase...
>> mythfilldatabase --update --file 1 /tmp/xmltv.xml
>>

> You haven't got it set to be run by mythbackend (configured in
> mythtv-setup)?
>
> Cheers,
> Steve

No.  At the moment I am in testing and just run the aforementioned script.
 Although obviously I want mythfilldatabase to run after the mheg data
extraction, whether I run it in the script or via mythtv-backend has not
been decided.  But running it in the script allows me to test whether the
extraction and conversion worked or not.

Not that it really matters if it runs multiple times anyway.  If it has no
input it doesn't appear to do anything (maybe it triggers a redundant
reschedule).

Brendan