[mythtvnz] Programs disappearing from my program table...

Brendan Dacre bjdacre at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 11:18:56 GMT 2012

On 20 March 2012 18:04, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 4:08 PM, Brendan Dacre <bjdacre at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have just started running solorvox's mheg2xmltv script to dump mheg
> data
> > from my terrestrial card into my database.  This works well until
> > mythbackend for some reason deletes the program data for prime, c4 and
> some
> > of the data for tv3 plus1, usually within half an hour of running
> > mythfilldatabase.  Other data may be getting deleted as well but I notice
> > the channels on which I have scheduled recordings.
> >
> > I can't see anything in the mythtvbackend log other than reschedules
> > recording the drop in scheduled programs.  What backend process would
> delete
> > programs and why?  OK, obviously programs are aged from the program table
> > after the scheduled broadcast time, but these are future programs.
> >

> I suspect you are running eit as well as mythbackend. EIT will not
> have much info and is correcting (for want of a better word) the info
> put there by mythfilldatabase.

Nick,

You are correct, I am running eit as well.  I thought about this, but none
of the TVNZ data ever gets deleted, so I concluded that this was not the
problem.  Also, having both eit and epg data saved me once or twice on my
satellite system when the epg data got screwed up on SBS 2.  As far as I
can see, the eit data should just 'correct' the last two entries.

Anyway, in the interests of science, I disabled the eit data and so far, it
looks like you are right.  I don't know why.  There are a lot less
reschedule events in the log which I assume were provoked by getting the
eit data, but the imported data survived a number of these events before
being deleted.  Oh well, I guess I don't really need the eit data...

Thanks.

Brendan