[mythtvnz] Wharite channel changes 13-Mar-2012

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Mon Mar 5 02:53:57 GMT 2012

I am living in Palmerston North I just got a leaflet in my letterbox
telling me to retune all DVB-T receivers on 13-Mar-2012 as they are
changing the DVB-T transmission frequencies from the Wharite
transmitter.  This frequency restacking was originally scheduled for
August 2011, but was put off for some reason.  It is definitely going
ahead now.

See:
  http://www.retune.co.nz

This was discussed on the list last year, and I had prepared a script
to do the changes for me in Mythbuntu.  Here it is again if anyone
else would like to use it:

adjust_freqid.sh:

#!/bin/bash
# Update the channel frequencies for FreeviewHD from Wharite for the
# August 2011 changes.
source /etc/mythtv/mysql.txt
mysql -u $DBUserName -p$DBPassword -h $DBHostName $DBName << EOF
update channel set freqid = 32 where freqid = 50;
update channel set freqid = 34 where freqid = 48;
update channel set freqid = 36 where freqid = 59;
EOF

exit 0

The script would probably be easiest to be run from root (or with
sudo).  It should work with all versions of Mythbuntu that do DVB-T.

If you want to use this script for other transmitters when their time
comes, you will need to change the freqid values to the correct before
and after channel numbers.

See here for all the correct channel numbers:

http://www.rsm.govt.nz/cms/policy-and-planning/projects/digital-terrestrial-television-frequency-restacking/timing-and-channel-information