[mythtvnz] Fanless Mini-ITX (slightly OT)

James Booth james at booths.net.nz
Thu Jun 28 21:25:04 BST 2012

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtvnz-bounces at lists.linuxnut.co.nz
[mailto:mythtvnz-bounces at lists.linuxnut.co.nz] On Behalf Of Glenn Ramsey
Sent: Thursday, 28 June 2012 5:26 p.m.
To: mythtvnz at lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Subject: Re: [mythtvnz] Fanless Mini-ITX (slightly OT)

On 24/06/12 12:05, James Booth wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I know this subject has been done to death, however I am looking for a
> fanless, integrated mini-itx board for use on my boat (chart plotter
> and weather fax), not as a Myth frontend. I have an Intel D2700DC,
> unfortunately there are no proper Linux graphics drivers for this
> board. Since so many people here are up to date with these boards, can
> anyone suggest the best value board available today that has proper
> graphics driver support under Linux, but does not need to be true HD
playback capable.

> Cheers,
> James.

Hi James,

There is some graphics driver support for this board. Meego 1.2 has the full
proprietary driver and there is some support for Ubuntu:
<http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=11976680&postcount=97>

I don't think that the Ubuntu driver does much acceleration, but it at least
allows detection of the monitor resolution. I have one in the family PC that
I originally bought for MythTV but it doesn't have a PCI express slot so I
couldn't use it. Meego runs well on it, but the repos don't have a lot of
stuff.
I swapped it to Ubuntu yesterday with the above driver and it appears to be
OK so far, but we only use it for web browsing and flash games.

Glenn

Thanks for that Glen, it is currently running Lubuntu so that should
hopefully at least get the resolution issue sorted out. I understand Meego
is pretty much dead as a distro?