[mythtvnz] Diagnosing recording wrong channel

Worik Stanton worik.stanton at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 07:49:26 BST 2012

> delete from channel where chanid>  1035 and chanid<= 1053 and mplexid
> = NULL;
That would be...

delete from channel where chanid>  1035 and chanid<= 1053 and mplexid is NULL;

[snip]
> You will probably need to also increase the number of virtual tuners
> you have set for each DVB-T tuner (see the other thread).
Done.
> However, that will still leave you without any of the radio channels -
> they do not seem to have turned up in your initial tuning scan.  So
> you will need to add them in.  I could provide a script to do that,
> but I am still running Mythtv 0.24-fixes, and I am not sure if there
> were any changes to the channel table for 0.25, which I presume you
> are using.  So please run this SQL command:
>
> describe channel;
I am running 0.24.  It does look like the upgrade 0.24 -> 0.25 is
painful, and unless it fixes this problem there is no reason for it.
I'll see if cleaning up that table stops the problem (happened last
night channel 3 instead of channel two)

describe channel output....
+-------------------+-----------------------+------+-----+---------+-------+
| Field             | Type                  | Null | Key | Default | Extra |
+-------------------+-----------------------+------+-----+---------+-------+
| chanid            | int(10) unsigned      | NO   | PRI | 0       |       |
| channum           | varchar(10)           | NO   | MUL |         |       |
| freqid            | varchar(10)           | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
| sourceid          | int(10) unsigned      | YES  | MUL | NULL    |       |
| callsign          | varchar(20)           | NO   |     |         |       |
| name              | varchar(64)           | NO   |     |         |       |
| icon              | varchar(255)          | NO   |     | none    |       |
| finetune          | int(11)               | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
| videofilters      | varchar(255)          | NO   |     |         |       |
| xmltvid           | varchar(64)           | NO   |     |         |       |
| recpriority       | int(10)               | NO   |     | 0       |       |
| contrast          | int(11)               | YES  |     | 32768   |       |
| brightness        | int(11)               | YES  |     | 32768   |       |
| colour            | int(11)               | YES  |     | 32768   |       |
| hue               | int(11)               | YES  |     | 32768   |       |
| tvformat          | varchar(10)           | NO   |     | Default |       |
| visible           | tinyint(1)            | NO   | MUL | 1       |       |
| outputfilters     | varchar(255)          | NO   |     |         |       |
| useonairguide     | tinyint(1)            | YES  |     | 0       |       |
| mplexid           | smallint(6)           | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
| serviceid         | mediumint(8) unsigned | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
| tmoffset          | int(11)               | NO   |     | 0       |       |
| atsc_major_chan   | int(10) unsigned      | NO   |     | 0       |       |
| atsc_minor_chan   | int(10) unsigned      | NO   |     | 0       |       |
| last_record       | datetime              | NO   |     | NULL    |       |
| default_authority | varchar(32)           | NO   |     |         |       |
| commmethod        | int(11)               | NO   |     | -1      |       |

--
it does not matter                      I think that I shall never see
how much I dig and dig                    A billboard lovely as a tree