[mythtvnz] Find weekly gotcha

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Thu Jun 21 10:19:20 BST 2012

On Thu, 21 Jun 2012 20:15:14 +1200, you wrote:

>Just figured out an odd problem I've been having with some recordings.
>(Maybe I'm a bit slow.) I use the "Record one showing of this title
>every week" a lot. Generally works perfectly but have had a few cases
>where the scheduler decided not to record a show even though it was new
>for this week. Seems that if the new show starts earlier this week than
>last week then the scheduler decides less than a week has elapsed so it
>won't record because there was an earlier showing already recorded for
>the week. Bah.
>
>Now I have to figure out a rule that allows for this. OK. Looks like I
>should use "Record at any time..." and then set the "New episode" option
>in schedule filters. Hope this does the trick.

Record at any time will work if there is a subtitle that shows the
difference between episodes.  Or if the series/episode data is present
in the programid field, as it is for my ChoiceTV EPG from MHEG.
Otherwise you may find yourself having to manually override extra
showings of an episode you do not want.