[mythtvnz] Recording two channels from one multiplex

Steve Hodge stevehodge at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 07:05:42 BST 2012

On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 4:32 PM, Worik Stanton <worik.stanton at gmail.com>wrote:

> On 21/06/12 16:22, Paul Kendall wrote:
>
>> So I should be able to record all the channels from the multiplex

>> On the backend setup (mythtv-setup) you need to set the number of virtual
>> tuners
>> to the number of simultaneous recordings you need from a single multiplex.
>>
> Thanks.   That is very helpful
>
> But, err..., how many recordings do I need from a single multiplex?  I
> want them all.  I have eleven channels on mplexid==6, but I think that is
> an error

Do you ever record from all 11 channel simultaneously? I guessing not.

Set the number of virtual tuners to the number of simultaneous recordings
you want to do from a single multiplex (keeping in mind any overlap that
could be caused by starting recordings early or ending them late). The
number of recordings you can do will be limited by your system,
particularly disk access and possibly the database. You might have to
experiment to see what your system can handle. But I doubt you'd have any
problems doing 4 or 5 simultaneous recordings and that is likely to be more
than enough.

Cheers,