[mythtvnz] Diagnosing recording wrong channel

Worik Stanton worik.stanton at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 04:45:12 BST 2012

On 20/06/12 15:24, Tim Stonehouse wrote:
> On 20 June 2012 15:05, Worik Stanton <worik.stanton at gmail.com
> <mailto:worik.stanton at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     I have had a few instances of programmes being recorded from the
>     wrong channel.  The correct time but, obviously, the wrong
>     programme!  I need some help diagnosing the cause.
>
>     For example I have CSI programmed to record (using programme
>     finder, one showing of this title a week).
>
>     Looking at log files I see it recorded from channel number 1041
>
>     worik at mythdu:/var/log/mythtv$ zgrep CSI mythbackend.log*|grep
>     recording|head -n 2
>     mythbackend.log.1:2012-06-16 20:30:02.709 Started recording: "CSI:
>     Crime Scene Investigation": channel 1041 on cardid 1, sourceid 1
>     mythbackend.log.1:2012-06-16 21:36:00.854 Finished recording CSI:
>     Crime Scene Investigation: channel 1041
>
>     The channel number for TV3 is 1003.

[snip]
> Have you just updated the channel info using a scan due to frequency
> changes?  I did this and found I have to fix the original channels
> setting frequency to the new one.

Good idea, but I have done that.

cheers

it does not matter                      I think that I shall never see
how much I dig and dig                    A billboard lovely as a tree
this hole just                      Indeed, unless the billboards fall
keeps getting deeper                      I'll never see a tree at all