[mythtvnz] EPG update problems

Paulgir paulgir at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 02:52:26 BST 2012

On Sun, 10 Jun 2012 13:36:41 +1200, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 10, 2012 at 1:07 PM, Curtis Walker <sultanoswing at gmail.com>
> wrote:

>>> They changed the mythfilldatabase syntax in 0.25. Grr. God knows why
>>> they
>>> couldn't just _extend_ it instead of changing it and immediately
>>> breaking
>>> thousands of myth user scripts. Really dumb IMHO. Anyway you now need
>>> this:
>>>
>>> mythfilldatabase --file --sourceid 1 --xmlfile freeview.xml --update

>> As David says, that change will get my script working again :)
>>
>> I have did update the instructions for it on the archives here once I
>> realised Myth had changed the syntax requirements.
>
> You don't need to run any script. Simply set tv_grab_nz-py as your
> xmltv grabber in mythtv-setup. mythfilldatabase will run automatically
> every day.

I will also try that.You may be correct that I don't actually have a
problem with
tv_grab_nz-py.I will check to see what db updates are occurring.I've set
cron to run the
script at 18:30 daily  updates also occur at other times I will know
tv_grab_nz-py is working too.

The script is working well.Thanks everyone.