[mythtvnz] EPG update problems

Paulgir paulgir at gmail.com
Sat Jun 9 22:31:01 BST 2012

Hi All

Till now,due to the lack of a permanent LAN connection,I have been
updating the EPG by manually running tv_grab_nz-py and then
mythfilldatabase weekly.
I now have a wireless LAN,so I am trying to automate the process.
I have run into problems.I have followed these instructions:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/mythtvnz/501519?search_string=tv_grab_nz-py;#501519
Am I correct to think that running  tv_grab_nz-py should automatically
cause mythfilldatabase to run,updating the EPG.In my case it doesn't.
I can only achieve this by manually running mythfilldatabase.
I have tried to use this alternative method From another thread:

"Oh - and once you're done - here's an easy script to import the EPG data:

#! /bin/bash
wget http://nzepg.org/freeview.xml.gz
gunzip freeview.xml.gz
mythfilldatabase --file 1 freeview.xml --update
rm freeview.xml
exit

Paste it into a text file, save it with a ".sh" extension, make it
executable (chmod +x) then run it as a daily cron task at, say, 3am and
you never need be without an up-to-date EPG!"

This also does not work for me.When I run this script in a terminal I get
the following output:

myth at myth:~$ /home/myth/nzepg_download.sh
--2012-06-10 09:01:34--  http://nzepg.org/freeview.xml.gz
Resolving nzepg.org... 74.207.253.88
Connecting to nzepg.org|74.207.253.88|:80... connected.
Length: 189441 (185K) [application/octet-stream]
Saving to: `freeview.xml.gz'

2012-06-10 09:01:36 (227 KB/s) - `freeview.xml.gz' saved [189441/189441]

Boolean type options do not accept values:
     --file
Received '1' but unassociated arguments have not been enabled
mythfilldatabase version: fixes/0.25 [v0.25-94-gec51a97] www.mythtv.org

Mythfilldatabase does not run as a result of this script.
Any suggestions that might get either method working will be appreciated.

Cheers

Paul