[mythtvnz] iOS remote was Re: Configuring the remote (TeVii s480)

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 09:32:36 BST 2012

On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 7:35 PM, Glenn Ramsey <gr at componic.co.nz> wrote:
> On 07/06/12 10:46, Nick Rout wrote:

>>> As far as I can tell. The checkbox for "enable network blah blah" on the
>>> "Remotes" page is checked and the port matches the one on the iPod.
>>

>> and does this system listen on localhost or it's proper ethernet IP?
>

> Apparently only localhost. netcat localhost 6456 connects successfully, but
> doesn't work with the real IP.
>
> How does one set it up on the external IP? The setup page does not have this
> as an option and I can't find the instructions:
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Frontend_control_socket
> http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-11.html#ss11.5
>
> Glenn

I think you need the whole system to be working on your real address
instead of localhost, ie backend working on the real IP, mysql
listening on the real IP etc etc.

Can be a bit of a mission, <rant> why does it default to localhost
when the moment you want to add another frontend or do network control
it needs to be reconfigured? </rant>

What distro are you using. Mythbuntu has good ways of changing all
this, if you do it right.