[mythtvnz] Just how cheap could you build a system? Possibly OT.

David Moore dmoo1790 at ihug.co.nz
Wed Jun 6 09:54:14 BST 2012

On 06/06/12 20:27, Nick Rout wrote:

>> Does he record at present? Does he want to? I find many people who
>> can't use a VCR. I find people who could use a VCR but have no clue
>> about using their DVD or hard drive recorders. Maybe a DVR will be too
>> complex for him.
>>
>> In which case a simple DVB-S/DVB-T set top box may be sufficient.

Yes, he does record stuff. He's not a total Luddite. :) The VCR
recording UI is pretty simple. Maybe you've forgotten how simple since
you haven't used one for so long. :)

> Having said that the Magic box recommended by someone else has a great
> reputation.

Except for the occasional restarts mentioned. When was the last time a
VCR threw a restart? Maybe I'm the Luddite pining for the good ole days
of tape. :) No, not really.