[mythtvnz] I killed MYSQL now what?

criggie criggie at criggie.org.nz
Fri Jun 1 10:10:02 BST 2012

On 01/06/12 21:00, Steve V wrote:
> so far I have:
> Uninstalled LMS
> Completely removed MYSQL-Server and anything else I could find that was
> MYSQL
> This also removes Myth.
> Deleted my.cnf
> Reinstalled MYSQL and Myth but still have the same problem with MYSQL not starting.

None of those would have deleted the mythconverg database.

> The only relevant log file I have shows mysql shutting down due to a
> InnoDB error (at least that is what I think this means).
> 120601 20:47:23 [Note] Plugin 'FEDERATED' is disabled.
This just means the remote access to other mysql servers plugin is
disabled.  No problem here.

> ERROR: 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'ALTER TABLE user ADD column Show_view_priv enum('N','Y') CHARACTER SET utf8 NOT ' at line 1
Something tried to change the table called user by adding a column
called Show_view_priv but something's wrong with the command.

> ERROR: 1050 Table 'plugin' already exists
Something's trying to create a table in the database called plugin, and
it already exists.

> Does anyone have any ideas?
Do you have a backup of your SQL database from before the upgrade?
Sounds like its been modified in an incompatible way, or otherwise
trollied.

Does that help?

--
Criggie