[mythtvnz] DLNA question: howto move video into recordings?

Jason Haar jhaar-ourshack-com at whanau.org
Tue Jul 31 09:48:46 BST 2012

Hi there

I've just got a Panasonic Smart VIERA TV - which comes with Ethernet and
DLNA support, and with mythtv-0.25 as a backend it's great!

However, I have an issue in that the "videos" DLNA area is a
flat-listing of all videos (ie no filter options, not even directory
structure) - which means there are pages of stuff to scroll through
using the remote - yuck! The "recordings" DLNA area allows you to view
by Date, Title, Genre, etc - much more useful

So, does anyone know how to make DLNA "video" support more filter
options, or how can I link the videos back into the recording area?
myth.rebuilddatabase.pl used to be the way to do it, but now there are
warnings it's depreciated, so I'd rather do the right thing than ruin
everything ;-)

Running a different DLNA server is an option, so anyone who has solved
this that way is welcome to pipe up too :-)

Thanks!

Jason