[mythtvnz] Balancing free space after adding a recording drive

criggie criggie at criggie.org.nz
Sun Jul 29 20:56:37 BST 2012

On Sun, Jul 29, 2012 at 8:00 PM, <stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz>  wrote:
> ...I added another 3 Tbyte WD Green drive to my MythTV box
> ...recording storage group.
> For MythTV to work best, it needs the
> free space to be spread around all the drives, so that it can record
> to as many of them as it needs to when recording many programs at the
> same time.  MythTV is pretty good at keeping the free space balanced
> during normal operation, if you use the normal settings.  It is only
> on adding a drive that this problem occurs.

I've never heard of that...

We had 500 GB, I added a 1 TB as another storage group, and its spread
out nicely after a year or so.

Filesystem                    Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/sdc1                     466G  322G  144G  69% /myth1
/dev/sdd1                     932G  600G  332G  64% /myth3

Not that I record a lot, and I only keep 10 episodes normally, but still
I fail to see why this re-arrangement might be necessary.

--
Criggie

http://criggie.org.nz/