[mythtvnz] Sugarloaf restack of DVB-T frequencies next week

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Sat Jul 21 09:13:07 BST 2012

On Sat, 21 Jul 2012 09:31:15 +1200, you wrote:

>On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 9:28 PM, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 9:00 PM, Robin Gilks <g8ecj at gilks.org> wrote:
>>> Just a heads up to get ready for a re-scan - its nearly time to sell off
>>> some spectrum!!
>>>
>>> Sometime on the 25th - presumably in the early hours...
>>>

>So do you think its best to run a channel scan, or can we just go into
>/mythweb/settings/tv/channels and change the freqid?
>
>-- David

No, the freqid is not the right value to change.  The correct value is
the frequency field in dtv_multiplex.  The best way to do this change
is to use the script I have posted here for the previous transmitters
that have already been restacked.  Just change the freqid/newfreqid
parameters at the in the script to match your site.  Here it is again
as for the Wharite changes:

#!/bin/bash
# Update the channel frequencies for FreeviewHD from Wharite for the
13-Mar-2012 changes.
source /etc/mythtv/mysql.txt
mysql -u $DBUserName -p$DBPassword -h $DBHostName $DBName << EOF
drop function if exists calcfreq;
delimiter $$
create function calcfreq(freqid int) returns int
begin
    return (506000000+(8000000*(freqid - 25)));
end$$
delimiter ;

set @freqid1 =    50;
set @newfreqid1 = 32;
set @freqid2 =    48;
set @newfreqid2 = 34;
set @freqid3 =    59;
set @newfreqid3 = 36;

/*
select calcfreq(@freqid1);
select calcfreq(@freqid2);
select calcfreq(@freqid3);
select calcfreq(@newfreqid1);
select calcfreq(@newfreqid2);
select calcfreq(@newfreqid3);
*/

update channel set freqid = @newfreqid1 where freqid = @freqid1;
update channel set freqid = @newfreqid2 where freqid = @freqid2;
update channel set freqid = @newfreqid3 where freqid = @freqid3;
update dtv_multiplex set frequency = calcfreq(@newfreqid1) where
frequency = calcfreq(@freqid1);
update dtv_multiplex set frequency = calcfreq(@newfreqid2) where
frequency = calcfreq(@freqid2);
update dtv_multiplex set frequency = calcfreq(@newfreqid3) where
frequency = calcfreq(@freqid3);

drop function calcfreq;
EOF

exit 0

As usual with scripts posted on newsgroups, watch out for your
newsreader wrapping lines.