[mythtvnz] Ubuntu 12.04 and HD Homerun

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 08:19:34 BST 2012

On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 10:18 AM, Toby Mills <millst at np.co.nz> wrote:
> Is anyone on the list using Mythbuntu or Ubuntu 12.04 and have an HD
> Homerun.
> I recently upgraded and my previously working homerun is giving me all sorts
> of bother now.
> High CPU load, dropped frames and audio glitches.
>
> Seems to be a common problem with 12.04 but nobody has any solutions.

Perhaps a new firmware for the HDHR? What firmware version are you running?

I would like to know more about this as I am currently running
mythbuntu 10.04/myth 0.24-fixes/hdhomerun and thinking I need to do
something about updating both OS and myth version. Contemplating:

(a) simply update to 0.25 and keep mythbuntu 10.04 as the OS - this
has a limited lifespan now though.

(b) update (or reinstall) the backend to mythbuntu 12.04 and at the
same time would need to go to myth 0.25, risky as a lot of stuff
changes. Thought this might be the go though as I am familiar with
*buntu, but if there is a HDHR problem I am reluctant.

(c) go to linhes and get a rolling release distro (no more battling
with ubuntu's retarted updates every 2 years when another LTS is
released). 0.25, but no up to date squeezebox server, which is my
other main requirement. However this is highly dependent on whether
the HDHR problem is related to mythbuntu 12.04 or to myth 0.25 in
general.

There goes the bloody weekend, which I had decided to use on one of
the above upgrades!