[mythtvnz] TV1+1 freeview.xml header update?

Steve Hodge stevehodge at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 13:43:24 BST 2012

On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 10:12 PM, Stephen Worthington <
stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz> wrote:

> My reading of the database is that it really lacks design.  It is not
> in normal form, which is what you expect from any real database
> designer.  It seems to have just been modified ad hoc, and while the
> end result does work OK at the moment, it must be getting to the point
> where making changes to it is becoming difficult.

Yes, you're right. Creeping design is a common problem with many open
source projects (and closed source ones too of course). And allowing open
access to the database makes this problem more likely. The database
structure effectively becomes an api, which the developers are naturally
reluctant to radically overhaul (even if it is an unofficial and/or
internal api).

Cheers,