[mythtvnz] Odd Problem

David Moore dmoo1790 at ihug.co.nz
Wed Jul 4 11:25:49 BST 2012

On 04/07/12 22:06, David Moore wrote:
> On 04/07/12 21:35, James Booth wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for the suggestion. It doesn't appear that anything has
>> changed in the
>> channel setup. I just did a restart of mythbackend, then ran
>> mythfilldatabase,
>> and now everything looks clean, but my recording rules still will not
>> work.
>>
>> I have been playing with mhegepgsnoop for the last few weeks (to fill
>> in data
>> for channels not coming through with tv_grab_nz.py) and it seemed to be
>> working fine, but wondering if maybe that could be causing an issue?
>>

> It would seem unlikely since all it does it generate an xmltv file
> which mythfilldatabase processes into the EPG. I assume your EPG looks
> ok now?

Update: Could be some sort of bug. I'm watching "Strike Back" while it's
still recording and the info OSD shows "(Repeat)" inserted before the
description text. This is wrong because it is a new show. Maybe your
recording rules are not working because myth thinks all shows are
repeats? Maybe change a rule to record at any time on any channel and
not check for repeats and see what happens?