[mythtvnz] TV1+1 freeview.xml header update?

David Moore dmoo1790 at ihug.co.nz
Wed Jul 4 08:50:52 BST 2012

On 04/07/12 17:41, Steve Hodge wrote:

> If you want your open source project to be successful you need to build
> a community around it. Telling users "it's your problem" is a good way
> to fail at that. And users having bad experiences put other users off.
> That said I think the motivation is not so much to protect users from
> themselves as to protect users from out of date third party tools.

Of course I didn't mean you ignore all user questions. Only when the
user fails to listen or is rude or constantly doesn't RTFM do you blow
them off. Legit questions deserve at some response even if it is only
RTFM (politely said).

It's nice to protect users to a certain extent but not at the cost of
crippling functionality for everyone. You can never achieve a totally
user-proof system anyway. For the myth db it only has to be said (1)
back up your db first and (2) at your own risk.