[mythtvnz] TV1+1 freeview.xml header update?

Worik Stanton worik.stanton at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 03:16:49 BST 2012

On 03/07/12 11:27, Nick Rout wrote:

>> >Good advice.
>> >
>> >What tool should I be using to tune in TV1+1?
> mythtv-setup

It would be a great service if some one could explain *how* to update
the back end to deal with the demise of TVNZ7 and the rise of TV1+1 (or
whatever it is called).   Words of one syllable if possible....

mythtv-setup is a large unwieldy (unfriendly) programme.  Also mythtv
setups can be brittle.  It took me a *long* time (years not months) to
get mine set up to a usable point.  I still am not 100% sure I am clear
about the relationships between physical devices, inputs, channels....
(Just last week I learnt a very useful fact about digital TV streams and
DVB-T tuners).  I do not want to risk damaging my setup.

cheers
Worik

--
it does not matter                      I think that I shall never see
how much I dig and dig                    A billboard lovely as a tree