[mythtvnz] LIRC

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Mon Jul 2 08:33:35 BST 2012

> Hi there,
>
> I've got a Hauppage capture card and an IR blaster that I'm working
> through
> setting up. Both sending and receiving using IR.
>
> Can someone point me in the direction of some general resources about
> LIRC,
> as I feel like I'm chasing my own tale engaging in Google searches. Or,
> and
> this is the beautiful dream, maybe one of you has had success with this
> hardware configuration.
>
> *Capture card: model 01288:* WinTV-HVR-1150
> IR Blaster from here: http://www.irblaster.info/
> OS: 32bit Ubuntu 10.04 with MythTV installed through Synaptic
>
> I've got as far as being able to get channel listings using some PHP I put
> together, I can also capture TV/Audio from S-Video or Composite, and the
> recording works good.
>
> I've got a TeletraClear STB and I want to be able to change channel on
> there using the IR Blaster.
>
> And it would be neat if the supplied IR receiver/remote control combo
> could
> work.
>
> Warm regards
> Rock (not his real name)

Here is my channel change script - it ties into the name of the remote for
the STB (SKY in my case) that is defined in /etc/lirc/lircd.conf (the
exact location of this file varies from system to system).

--------------------------------------
#!/bin/sh

REMOTE_NAME=sky
cmd="$1"
DEVICE=/dev/lircd

/usr/bin/irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1
case $cmd in
    [0-9]*)
    for digit in $(echo $1 | sed -e 's/./& /g'); do
        /usr/bin/irsend -d $DEVICE SEND_ONCE $REMOTE_NAME $digit
        # If things work OK with sleep 1, try this for faster channel
changes:
        # sleep 0.3 or faster
        sleep 0.1
    done
    ;;

    *)
        /usr/bin/irsend -d $DEVICE SEND_ONCE $REMOTE_NAME $cmd
        ;;
esac
--------------------------------------

The remote name is the bit that defines the codes the STB remote uses -
the lircd.conf file can have definitions for several remotes in it, you
just have to refer to them by name.

--------------------------------------
begin remote

  name  sky
  bits           16
  flags SPACE_ENC|CONST_LENGTH
  eps            30
  aeps          100

  header       9139  4359
  one           708  1536
  zero          708   409
  ptrail        702
  repeat       9140  2115
  pre_data_bits   16
  pre_data       0x213C
  gap          107822
  min_repeat      1
  toggle_bit      0

      begin codes
          1                        0x0000000000000CF3
          2                        0x000000000000946B
etc etc etc

The numbers that Myth sends to the script are the numbers on the 3rd
screen of the channel edit screens in mythtv-setup (option 6) and can be
different to the number used on the frontend that chooses the channel.

--
Robin Gilks