[mythtvnz] Raspberry Pi as a multimedia frontend: first impressions.

Jean-Francois Pirus jfpn at clearfield.com
Sun Jul 1 10:10:28 BST 2012

> > If you want Android you should get a supported Google TV device.
> > I have a Logitech Revue but it doesn't play Mythtv DVB-T HD recordings.
> >

> But isn't "mythtv DVB-T HD recordings" just the "raw" transmitted
> signal? i.e. mythtv has nothing to do with the codecs/etc, the TV card
> basically just writes raw to disk and mythtv lies on top of that? I
> think that's true as I've noticed Microsoft Media Player cannot play the
> audio component of some channels that Mythtv as recorded (over dlna) -
> but works really well on others
>
> Doesn't that really mean the Revue doesn't work with some NZ Freeview
> channels?

I could not get Logitech Revue to play any NZ Freeview channels.

I'm assuming it doesn't support that funky sound format that Freeview uses.

--
Jean-Francois Pirus | Technical Manager
francois at clearfield.com | Mob +64 21 640 779 | DDI +64 9 282 3401

Clearfield Software Ltd | Ph +64 9 358 2081 | www.clearfield.com