[mythtvnz] Raspberry Pi as a multimedia frontend: first impressions.

Jason Haar jhaar-ourshack-com at whanau.org
Sun Jul 1 05:05:57 BST 2012

> If you want Android you should get a supported Google TV device.
> I have a Logitech Revue but it doesn't play Mythtv DVB-T HD recordings.

But isn't "mythtv DVB-T HD recordings" just the "raw" transmitted
signal? i.e. mythtv has nothing to do with the codecs/etc, the TV card
basically just writes raw to disk and mythtv lies on top of that? I
think that's true as I've noticed Microsoft Media Player cannot play the
audio component of some channels that Mythtv as recorded (over dlna) -
but works really well on others

Doesn't that really mean the Revue doesn't work with some NZ Freeview
channels?

Jason