[mythtvnz] Digested Straw poll on Digests, Vol 01, Issue 01

David Lowe david at thistledown.co.nz
Mon Jan 23 06:54:24 GMT 2012

On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 6:01 PM, Worik Stanton <worik.stanton at gmail.com>wrote:

> Keep the digest.  For lurkers it is very useful.
>
> I also vote for tolerance!
>
> As for Google+, that is one way to get rid of me!  Mailing lists are good.
>
> Worik
>
> Yeah I was only semi-joking... I knew I would provoke a response.  I just
get the sense that email is rapidly becoming outmoded and replaced by the
evils of social networks. They are very tempting to the mass market. Lots
of multimedia and flashy stuff to make them interesting. I confess I
frequent Facebook, G+ and LinkedIn with different sets of 'friends' for
different parts of my life. But I still draw the line at the Twitter
Fritter. I  maintain it is a solution looking for a problem.

For us, I was just suggesting maybe it's time to get with the programme,
but I fully respect and will conform happily to the desire to stick with
the tried and true.

- David