[mythtvnz] Video output resolution question

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 22:15:40 GMT 2012

On Sat, Jan 21, 2012 at 11:07 AM, Paulgir <paulgir at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Subject: Re: Video output resolution question
>> Posted on: Thu Jan 19 17:56:31 2012
>>
>> On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 2:37 PM, Paulgir <paulgir at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I've been making progress with my mythbuntu installation/set up.
>>> I have it tuning all the freeview channels on both tuners and have been
>>> Playing around with the controls to get familiar with the software.
>>> I have enabled VDPAU.I have the audio and video goind to the TV via
>>> the HDMI port on the GT430 card,
>>> Here's the question: My TV displays the resolution for the inputs as
>>> you select them.The resolution for the myth signal is always 720P.
>>> even if the same channel via the TV's digital tuner indicates that it is
>>> 1080i.
>>> How do I correct this?
>>> Have I missed something in the set up?
>>
>> give us the output of these commands:
>>
>> xrandr
>> xwininfo -root
>>
>> If you run these from a terminal within X then they should run like
>> that, if you ssh in and run them you will need to prepend each command
>> with
>>
>> DISPLAY=:0
>>
>> ie
>>
>> DISPLAY=:0 xrandr
>>
>>> I 'm not quite sure how to do that.
> I started xterm and tried those commands but I got a command not found type
> of message.
> Same result in terminal with the prepend added.

I seem to recall you are on ubuntu, but I may be wrong.

These commands are installed by default on my ubuntu 10.04 system, and
I would be extremely surprised if they are not on your system.

Please cut and paste the exact commands and responses. "I got a
command not found type of message' is not particularly helpful.