[mythtvnz] Tuning in with my HVR2200

Curtis Walker sultanoswing at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 02:31:53 GMT 2012

On 12 February 2012 14:52, Paul Kendall <pkendall64 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 12, 2012 at 2:24 PM, David Kirk <davidrkirk at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi Paul,
> >
> > Thanks for the quick reply.
> >
> >> This is when you scan in mythtv-setup and do a manual scan. I have an
> >> HVR-2200
> >> and I used the full scan and set it to Sweeden rather than NZ so it
> >> tried all frequencies.
> >

> > I couldn't find Sweden, but I found one called try-all.  It scanned
> through
> > nearly 1000 channels and still couldn't find any new channels.
> >

> Have you selected the DVB-T device or are you doing analog V4L scanning?
> Doing DVB-T it should normally only go through channel 28 to 63 or
> something
> like that!
>
> >> You may have configure your TV for Native mode or game mode 1:1 mode or
> >> something like that.
> >

> > I found game mode, but it didn't change anything.
>
> Are there any other modes listed.
>

> > Thanks
> >
> > David Kirk
> >
> Paul

MythTV requires some skill, knowledge and persistence to set up - but it's
well worth it!

Work your way through this guide to help you understand and set up the
channels:
http://wlug.org.nz/FreeViewHDMythTvNotes

...and a recent thread here in the topic:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/mythtvnz/501519

Your TV is probably cutting the edges off because it's currently set up to
'overscan' (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overscan). Find that setting and
disable it for the input you are using for your PC. Problem should be
solved (assuming your TV is properly capable of 1:1 pixel mapping).