[mythtvnz] Multicast your noisy frontend or backend to a quiet box?

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 04:02:45 GMT 2012

On Sat, Feb 4, 2012 at 3:18 PM, tortise <tortise at paradise.net.nz> wrote:
> On 4/02/2012 2:04 p.m., Nick Rout wrote:
>
>>> I fail to see what this has to do with mythtv.
>

> End user desirement.

I am surprised everyone in your house wants to watch the same thing at
the same time, with pauses governed by one user. The very antithesis
of what mythtv is all about.

Perhaps if you told us the *point* of the exercise it might make some sense.

>> not to mention downgrade in quality as a result of the multiple decoding and
>> encoding.
>
> I think this comment would have been particularly applicable to analogue
> signals, however given these are digital one would hope it was lossless.
>  Accept it might not be though.

Nonsense, what has digital got to do with it?

lossy=lossy=lossy.