[mythtvnz] Installed new storage drive - lost previous recordings

Ross Williamson ross at inertia.net.nz
Thu Feb 2 01:35:50 GMT 2012

> Apparently,immediately after executing this command: "sudo mount
> /dev/sdb1
> /var/lib/mythtv"
> I was unable to access any existing recordings that are still showing
> on
> the recordings list.
>
> Is there any way I can get these back?

Does "sudo umount /var/lib/mythtv" bring them back? Note: this will
mean you no longer have the new drive available for recordings.

My guess is you have mounted your new drive over the top of the
directory where your previous recordings are.

In this case, you'll either need to move all the recordings to your new
drive (by mounting the new drive elsewhere, moving the content to it,
then mounting the new drive back at /var/lib/mythtv) or set up the new
drive as a separate storage location in MythTV. It basically comes down
to: do you want the new drive to be the /only/ place for new recordings?
Or an additional place for recordings?

Ross