[mythtvnz] Top posting

Noel & Diane noel at igrin.co.nz
Sat Dec 8 01:34:08 GMT 2012

 -----Original Message-----
From: ajp at cantabrian.co.nz
To: 'MythTV in NZ' <mythtvnz at lists.linuxnut.co.nz>
Subject: [mythtvnz] Top posting
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2012 14:07:34 +1300

Hi,

I don't want to start a flame war or anything and if you don't agree with me
then kick me off the list.

I am seeing a lot of emails on top/bottom posting and would like to defend,
to some extent, those who top post - yes I respect and understand it is bad
etiquette. There are some of us who use Outlook for email and bottom posting
is a right pain because as far as I can tell there is no way to configure
Outlook to bottom post for only certain emails. I would very much appreciate
it if someone could explain how to do this - for specific emails.

I receive all my emails in one place, Outlook and bottom posting is not what
I do for normal emails and certainly not for business emails, so bottom
posting is something I have to try to remember to do for this list.

I will do my best to remember to manually bottom post to this list as I
respect that you don't have to include me on the list and you have the right
to set guidelines as you see fit.

BTW: I am not going to engage in a war about the pros and cons of using
Microsoft products or Outlook in particular !

Cheers

It took me a while to figure out why we bottom post on this forum....

When you go to the WEB page for all these the posts, one generally
starts at the BEGINNING of the topic thread with the first question...
and works their way through the "learning process" at hand.  Hence we
need to put our replies at the BOTTOM of the pile.

Totally different from business emails where you WANT to have the latest
email on top, for easy access.

Kinda seems logical, but it can be a pain to remember when the email
client keeps putting your cursor at the top!!

Noel