[mythtvnz] Suitable Frontend

Don Robertson don at robertson.net.nz
Thu Dec 6 10:49:23 GMT 2012

On 04/12/12 21:06, tortise wrote:

> Detailing brands and model numbers really facilitates people give
> focussed answers and is unreasonable (IMO) to expect people to give
> speculative answers to cover a wide range of scenarios.  Kit to cover
> includes PC, remotes, and screens / TV's brand and model numbers.  URLs
> to manuals are also a courtesy.

I don't know what the P4 is - it is not a 'brand'. I could open it up
and get a reference for the mother board, ram, hd, cables etc if that
helps. Backend does not have a remote. Have not bought the front end -
just looking at available machines. For specific models, take a look at
this http://www.trademe.co.nz/computers/desktops/no-monitor

I would kind of like to get a system that works on any TV. I thought
Open Source was a way to avoid lock in.