[mythtvnz] Suitable Frontend

David Lowe david at thistledown.co.nz
Tue Dec 4 07:29:28 GMT 2012

I too use a Revo as really quiet frontend, and as noted above its just
powerful enough to do everything. Highly recommended.

At risk of incurring the wrath of purists - I'd add another option. I
bought a new TV some months ago that had network connectivity and a built
in DLNA client. It's a perfectly serviceable MythTV player and I actually
use it more than the 'proper' frontend. Yes, it lacks a few key features
(like the ability to schedule recordings, but I do that using mythweb) but
for simplicity, it's hard to beat.

Don, as you will find, the best thing about MythTV is the endless options
and opportunities to experiment :-)

- David

*David Lowe CA*
209 Marshmans Road