[mythtvnz] MySql Master Backend Role reset to “Disable”

tim Lockyer drtimlockyer at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 04:27:45 BST 2012

 This may be of interest to someone and save a lot of wasted time as I did.

Before heading off to work this morning (30 July 2012) I ran a normal
system backup. I am using Mythbuntu 12.04. When I returned from work I
turned on one of my three front ends, it came up with a screen asking the
the country with the next screen asking for the internet connection MySql
password etc. Everything on that screen was correct.

 After quite a while in checking all was well I finally went to the
MythBuntu Control Centre and found under the MySql tab that under Master
Back-end Role “MySql services on Ethernet interface” had changed to
“Disable”. And that was the reason the Front Ends were not working. After
changing to “Enable” all was working correctly. I am absolutely sure I had
not changed the setting myself. Could this be a bug?

Tim