[mythtvnz] Hauppauge WinTV PVR-150 [ivtv] not supported in 0.25

tim Lockyer drtimlockyer at gmail.com
Sat Aug 25 00:26:45 BST 2012

Stephen

 I know that the PVR-150 board is working correctly. I use swappable hard
disk's for the MythBuntu programme this allows me to keep my original 0.23
on one disk and upgrade to 0.25 on another disk a NEW INSTALLATION. This
gives me the ability to go back to the original installation. Under 0.23
the PVR-150 is working correctly. All the data is separate from these
disks. Under 0.25 the Probed infor: is correct “Hauppauge WinTV PVR-150
[intv]”.

 I do have a satellite card also installed for FreeView and EPGSnoop (So
that I can get the SKY EPG). The card and EPGSnoop is working correctly
under 0.25.

 My problem seems to be that the IVTV MPEG-2 encoder card has been remover
with the closest being MPEG-2 encoder card. But there is no way to tell it
how the SKY is connected. With the IVTV card it connects to the “Default
input: Composite 1”. Without a way of telling how the SKY box is connected
I can see no way of it working. I have tried selecting a SKY channel and
get a blank screen.

 I note you comment about the firmware. But even if I copy the firmware
from 0.23 to 0.24 there would not be a way to tell the programme that the
SKY is connected to the composite input as the Firmware will not change the
graphical input screen in the backend setup.

 I did look at My Openbox S10 a couple of months ago. But my SKY card thing
is too old to work with it. I have been looking at some way of getting a
new card from SKY.

 Thank you for the comments about sasc-ng but it looks to complex. I am now
thinking of purchasing a Hauppauge HD-PVR about $300 as it looks like it is
supported. It is a new USB High Definition input device. It seems to be
listed as one of the options in the Back-end.

 Thanks again

 Tim