[mythtvnz] Finally got tv_grab_nz-py script working

tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Sun Aug 12 06:27:22 BST 2012

On 12/08/2012 4:40 p.m., Curtis Walker wrote:
> Turned out that my problem related to which user was running
> mythbackend, and therefore where the backend goes looking for the
> config files. In Arch Linux at least, the default mythbackend daemon
> is set to run as user 'root'. To fix, you have to set
> "MBE_USER='username'" in /etc/conf.d/mythbackend, where 'username' is
> where you've got the tv_grab_nz-py generated config file (by running
> "tv_grab_nz-py --configure --config-file ~/.mythtv/<video sources
> name>.xmltv").
>
> For example, for the user 'robert', with the Video Source name in
> mythtv-setup as 'FreeviewHD', you'd have "MBE_USER='robert'" (without
> double quotes) in /etc/conf.d/mythbackend. The generated config file
> would be: /home/robert/.mythtv/FreeviewHD.xmltv.

Does /home/root/.mythtv/FreeviewHD.xmltv exist or in some alternative
equivalent?  It might not, if I recall correctly Mythbuntu sort of gets
over it by using the user "mythtv", more recent versions may behave
better as plder versions also needed frigging in the rigging...

Alternatively you may be able to find the original version of
"FreeviewHD.xmltv" somewhere else?