[mythtvnz] EPG Data for 'niche' channels ?

Steven Ellis steven at openmedia.co.nz
Mon Apr 30 05:59:20 BST 2012

On Mon, April 30, 2012 3:45 pm, David Moore wrote:
> On 30/04/12 11:52, Steven Ellis wrote:
>>
>> So who here is using this for the DTT channels?
>>
>> I've had a play with mhegepgsnooppy and what I really need is a way to
>> provide a mapping file rather than have it probe the MythTV database.
>> The
>> box i'd usually be running this on has a tuner card, but isn't running
>> MythTV.
>>
>> Steve
>>
> Just uploaded version 0.3.3 with option to specify a channel map file.
> File format is two fields per row, tab separated, with MHEG channel name
> first and xmltv channel ID second. Only briefly tested so quite likely
> buggy.

Nice work. Provisional testing worked for me.

I generated the mapping file off a channel scan as follows

cat ../dtt/dtt.conf  | cut -f 1,13 -d ":" \
| sed "s/:/ /g" | sed "s/$/.dvb.guide/g" > mheg.list

Then once the card was tuned I could run the EPG grabber and get all the
freeview|HD channels.

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited - The Home of myPVR
email   - steven at openmedia.co.nz