[mythtvnz] EPG Data for 'niche' channels ?

Steven Ellis steven at openmedia.co.nz
Mon Apr 30 00:52:19 BST 2012

On Sun, April 29, 2012 6:38 pm, David Moore wrote:
> On 29/04/2012, at 5:24 PM, Curtis Walker <sultanoswing at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> OK - so I have my EPG grabber script working well
>> (http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/mythtvnz/513747).
>> Trouble is, the freeview.xml.gz data only covers the 'main'
>> Freeview|HD channels (1, 2, 3, 4, Maori, U, TV3 Plus 1, C4, Prime,
>> Parliament, Radio NZ and Basefm).
>>
>> With so many 'niche' channels starting up (ChoiceTV, TV33, TV9,
>> CentralTV etc), is there any way of getting their program data in to
>> Myth? I assume they send EIT data, which would give me at least
>> short-term program info. I'm on DVB, with no satellite card or aerial.
>>
>> So: how to set up my backend so the channels without grabber epg data
>> can still pull some programme info?

> You could try this: http://mhegepgsnooppy.sourceforge.net/

So who here is using this for the DTT channels?

I've had a play with mhegepgsnooppy and what I really need is a way to
provide a mapping file rather than have it probe the MythTV database. The
box i'd usually be running this on has a tuner card, but isn't running
MythTV.

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited - The Home of myPVR
email   - steven at openmedia.co.nz